Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Annagrace's tree

I found the cutest ornaments at "Christmas Made in the South." They were pieces of candy in bright vivid colors (the color scheme for Annagrace's tree). However they were $10 a piece - out of my budget for her small tree, plus they were a little too big and out of scale . I took a gander at them and realized they were just thin wood circles, painted with swirls, glittered, with ribbon attached to the back to give the appearance of the wrapper ends. So I headed to the handy-dandy Michael's and bought 8 wood circles at 25 cents a piece the three larger ones at 79 cents each. My kitchen table was consumed with paint and glitter for a few days but the results are not too shabby! While I was at it - I also painted some for the outside, at the end of our driveway. (I picked up the wood yard stakes at the after Halloween sale for 1.99 at Michael's.)

I found this cute little gem at a local boutique. But I think this could easily be replicated!

No comments: