Monday, December 17, 2007

Ward Christmas Party

COMPLETE!
I successfully planned a party for 100 people for under $150. The big SECRET: I already had the decorations and it was a pot luck! So, I purchased three hams (had three different ladies cook them for me) and purchased plates, napkins, and cups. I also purchased a bag of party favors at Walmart (32 items for $4.50) along with pencils and candy canes. And then had a friend stuff goodie bags with one of each of the three goodies and put them all in a basket for Santa to hand out to the kids. I used left over wrapping paper as disposable table cloths and draped garland on the doorway, stage, and piano. The table centerpieces were garland wrapped mason jars that I normally line my side walk with. (They are super easy to make!)
Jar instructions: Use 12 quart size Mason Jars. Fill each with about 2 cups of play sand. Cover sand with a single layer of red plastic beads (the more faceted the better!). Then center a tea-light in the beads. Cut garland and wire into a ring to fit snugly around base of the jar. (I'll have to get a picture later)

1 comment:

Julie Ann said...

I would LOVE to see pics of your centerpieces...I'm dying here!